photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, December 2, 2011

happy birthday

Happy Birthday to this guy...


thebeautifulmess.com




He's a stud muffin. Inside and out. And he turns the big 27 today. {Talk about babies having babies! Ha!}



Last year on his birthday, he showed up after work to find his new little wife all dolled up--hair curled, dressed to the nines, make up, fancy schmancy shaved legs, ready to go to dinner...this year he'll be lucky if I manage to change out of the shirt that Charleigh just spit up on. {They are ganging up on me today.} Two years ago I made him eggs benedict for his birthday breakfast. Today I didn't even have a hand to throw a frozen waffle in the toaster. Last year I bought him tickets to the ACC championship AND sat with him in the freezing cold to watch it. Not so much this year...But thankfully the same little ones that are making it impossible for me to even brush my hair today or send my husband out the door with so much as a measly cup of coffee are the same exact reasons that P-dubs wont even notice. Who cares what I look like when you come home to this goodness?





So double team me all you want girls. In honor of the man of the house here are some reasons we are so incredibly thankful for him.


Thankful for Daddy
1. How hands on he is with the girls. Seriously, I think I changed a grand total of ONE diaper the whole time we were in the hospital. Five weeks later and he's still helping me out as much as he can. And these girls LOVE him.






2. His sense of humor...nothing like having a husband who can make you laugh so hard you almost split open your c-section incision. His modeling/explanation of his 'manly diaper bag' is priceless. Especially when he's trying to explain something that he clearly has no clue what it even is.


3. How hard he works. This guy has some serious initiative. And he's good at pretty much everything he does.


4. He's easy on the eyes. His daughters could just stare at his bearded little face for hours. I could too but how unproductive is that??







5. He has not complained once that I've cooked dinner maybe 4 times in the past six weeks. He usually even calls to offer to pick something up on his way home. He's treated me with a lot of grace in this new phase of our lives. {Example...pretending like he didn't notice that I wore the same yoga pants two three days in a row. Or telling me he thinks my new belly button looks 'kind of cool.' Definitely not the words I would use to describe it.} 


6. His faith. Plain and simple.


7. His beat boxing skills. Amazing. And I can't wait for our girls to be able to bust some moves to this talent.


8. How he is as manly as they come but will still watch certain un-named Bravo reality TV shows with me.


9. That he is up for any and all adventures. Disney World. Europe. Effingham, NH. Taking two newborn babies anywhere. He lives for that kind of excitement.


You can take the boy out of America but you can't make him act European. 






10. That he chose me to be his wife and friend for life. I'd choose him a million times over. Even over Michael Buble. And that's saying a lot.


Your three girls love you more than you know. Happy birthday!






And we're done. Hurry home, dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...