photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, February 10, 2012

moms of multiples

Today I ventured out of my house sans my two babes to a terrifying place called the Moms of Multiples Consignment Sale. First of all, it's funny to think of my girls as multiples. I mean, I realize there are two of them which makes them 'multiple.' But they are so different sometimes I forget they're twins. Maybe if they were identical I would feel differently. Anyways. These people don't kid around about their sales. Lined up for the new/expectant moms shopping hour, I literally felt like I was about to enter the Hunger Games (see conversation below...maybe I should stop reading those books...)

Or at least a Black Friday shopping experience on steroids. {And I hate Black Friday. It makes me sick to my stomach. I think everyone should boycott it next year. When people are brawling over $2 waffle makers, I think society needs to check itself.} These women don't come with bags. They come with laundry baskets. As I walked into the expo center for the regular shopping hours, I could see other moms sizing each other up. Checking out the competition. I am not nearly competitive enough to be an issue for these moms but I still made it out of there with two bouncy seats, two swings, two baby Bjornes, an exersaucer, a jumparoo, two doorway jumpers, carseat mirrors, a bumbo, a bottle drying rack, and enough clothes to last until they're 1. I think that's pretty good.  I'd like to consider myself the Katniss of the consignment sale. And now I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. next time take a wagon loaded with laundry baskets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a veteran of the sale myself, I was dying laughing reading this, especially the bouncy seat cornucopia--it's funny but it's SO ACCURATE!! You killed it girl - look at your bounty! Had fun standing in line with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I have you to bother with all sorts of twin questions. ; )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...