photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

a few of my favorite things: part 2

A few of my favorite things...continued. Babies come with a lot of stuff.


Nothing compares to our bombdotcom stroller but these things have made life with two babes a breeze. Well, at least easier than it would be without them. 


5. "Bassinets" Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper.
These sleepers are small, fold up and travel easily, and are inclined {a definite need with Charleigh's reflux}. We had to drape fleece blankets over them in the winter because it was a little chilly and drafty. My mother-in-law bought these for the girls and I am forever indebted to her. {Which was true before she bought these for us since she did birth and raise my husband. No small feat, I assure you.}
So tiny! They fill the whole thing up now.  Oh the good ol' swaddle days...which brings me to...

6. Summer Infant Swaddles
We used these with the girls until they were about three months old. The velcro makes it easy as pie to get a tight, safe swaddle and it leaves the leg area loose enough for movement for their hips and legs. I know some babies break out of these at about a month and a stronger swaddle is needed but they worked great for us. 




7. Diaper Bag(s)
I have two diaper bags. Is that excessive? Here's why. My aunt bought me this oh-so-adorable pink paisley Vera Bradley number when I was pregnant with the girls. And I LOVE it. It has great pockets inside and out and a clip for keys or  a pacifier. I love that the whole back is a zippered pocket. You can never have too many pockets, if you ask me. And she got me a matching wallet. I am S-P-O-I-L-E-D. And thankful.
Very Berry Paisley. Love me some paisley. Especially of the Brad variety.


The second diaper bag was a Christmas present from my mom. Upon the monumental occasion of us cloth diapering, it appeared we may need more room when going out. Enter the Petunia Pickle Bottom Abundance Boxy Backpack.  This thing is big. And roomy. I've heard people refer to it as the Cadillac of diaper bags. I personally think it's cooler than a Cadillac. Which says a lot about my life.  I can fit cloth diapers for the day, a change of clothes for each girl, pajamas, burp cloths, toys, two bottles and formula (in case, ya know, I just absolutely CAN'T nurse where I am which has never happened but I'm paranoid and better to be safe than sorry right?!), wipes, my phone, water bottle, lip gloss, wallet, and the kitchen sink. It's great--designed especially for "mothers with many darlings." I love that I can carry it over my shoulder or wear it as a backpack (so useful when I'm carting around two baby carriers on my own.)  Which is when I look like I'm about to hike the Appalachian Trail.  It is that serious. There's a regular sized, less intense boxy backpack that a few of my friends have and they love that size. Once again, this was an expensive baby item but a good investment. The outside is made of wipeable PVC-free material and is so heavy duty it would probably last through three more sets of twins. Lordy-be that's a crazy thought. It also comes with a detachable changing pad and a wipe case. I only wish it had more pockets on the outside...

PPB-ABGL-00-210-2.jpg




8. Dry Shampoo
Because who has time to wash their hair everyday? Not me. This is my favorite dry shampoo and I've tried quite a few. All the other ones have left my scalp dry, itchy, and flaky. The only problem with this one is that sometimes it doesn't spray exactly right. You kind of have to vigorously shake the can and spray at the same time. This requires skill. But it's worth it to not look super greasy when it's been one of 'those' mornings. 
GP9gqaCLtV979sD-OWv-Y1BirpspSJM53tAIRqpXnViLn7NgBQDb-Z81OvNJ3MLf28kVHh-PBruZJMrv4c5miZcWI0RYI1bbYpr8ybLVMOKYH8dt6BeNpaUfTOccWLSra7cVU8nn3kDq.jpg


9.  Baby Log App
I wish I had this app when I was in the hospital. I had a hard enough time trying to keep track of which baby was which in my post-surgery, Benadryl-induced haze--let alone keep track of a piece of paper where I was supposed to remember to write who did what and ate what and how much and on what side at 3 in the morning. This app is great because I can easily keep track of two babies at the same time. I still sometimes can't remember which side which girl needs to nurse on or when Logan pooped last so I find this very helpful. Without a doubt, when I sit down to nurse I say "Hey, can you hand me my phone?" (And "Could you please bring me some water?" So thirsty.) And, I've never done this, but you can sync with other phones if you have other caretakers.  I'm of 'the only apps on my phone are free' persuasion but I did pay for this one. It was needed. 



Bummer I never got to use the contraction app. But, see, it was free?
You can see graphs of how much/how often your baby eats, etc. Graphs are fun.  You can also  tweet it. Twitter it? I don't know. And I don't really know why you would want to do that.

I should have made this an even ten. But I'm tired. Good thing I have some dry shampoo for the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...