photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, June 28, 2012

thursday things

1. I saw on Faceboook early this morning that yesterday was the day Marty McFly time-traveled to in 'Back to the Future Part 2.' {Not sure if 'time-traveled' is a word or not but, since we're talking about a flying Delorean here, I feel ok about making it up.} Now, I know that Facebook is usually the most reliable and accurate source of information but the private investigator in me wanted to check to see if the rumor was true. Alas, it was not. The actual date they traveled to was October 21, 2015. Glad I checked. Also, I'm glad I didn't miss it. Now that we've cleared that up...

2. So thankful for Starbucks ice cream this week. Harris Teeter was having a buy one, get one free special on these bad boys a few weeks ago. {Which means they end up costing about the same as Walmart's regular price but I get sucked in by the word 'free' on a consistent basis.} The caramel macchiato flavor tastes exactly like the drink. Amazing.
3. Did you hear it's supposed to be around 106 degrees here in North Carolina?! Wow. I think I will eat ice cream for every meal. Don't even try to stop me. 

4. My friend, Laci, sent me this link today. I need this. It will save me at least three words a day. 

5. I've been making the girls' baby food since they started eating solids. In an effort to jazz things up a bit, I was going to make a roasted red pepper to go with their carrots. But then I Googled how to roast a red pepper and got completely overwhelmed. Maybe tomorrow. 

5. Speaking of overhwelmed, this recipe is the opposite of overwhelming and, seriously, so good. It looks hard but it's not. I promise. 

6. When I was out walking with the sisters yesterday, a woman stopped me to ask about them being twins. She told me she had 10 year-old twin girls and asked how old mine were. 'Oh, eight months?' she said. 'You're out of the fog then.' To which I wanted to say, 'I'm sorry, could you repeat that. I didn't quite catch what you said. I seem to be in a bit of a fog.' But I just smiled and nodded. 

7. I just had to ask P-dubs what day it was because I wrote this and then thought it might be Wednesday. Oh, the fog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...