photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

twenty-nine

I have almost zero recollection of my birthday last year. I do know I looked a little something like this and thankles (thigh ankles) were in my near future.
{September 25, 2011
32 weeks

 P-dubs looked like this: 
??????
{TBM}

 I can't remember much of my actual birthday. My last before I became a mom. But I know I'll remember a few things from this one. My first as a mom.
  
- A quick goodbye/happy birthday kiss and he's off to work too hard to treat his three girls too good.
- Starbucks in the pouring rain from a sister who's the best friend I don't deserve.

- Nearly identical 'sleepy songs' from a car seat filled back seat.
- Beets and sweet potatoes.

- A 'Happy Birthday' from my mom and a 'Happy Birthday' to my mom. Because now I understand how she treasures her children's birthdays more than any other day.
-Four little hands pulling on my skirt clamoring to be picked up.
- A surprise mani/pedi with a best friend who is a sister to my heart. With Starbucks. All arranged by my husband. 

-Bad tomatoes, a fly in the sweet tea, and a hilarious upscale dinner.
- A whisper-yelled 'Surpise' from a kitchen full of family trying not to wake the sleeping sisters. 
-A happiest of birthdays to begin my last year in my twenties. 
The birthday (husband) that just keeps on giving. Strawberries and Nutella the morning after. He knows me. For real.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...