photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, October 18, 2012

thursday things

1. I've actually done a few things I've seen on Pinterest. Some things are just genius, if you ask me. And this little idea (which I didn't pin, actually...except to my little mind) saved me at least 10 minutes when I made chicken tacos the other night. I had cooked the chicken in the crock pot with some some Ranch seasoning, fajita seasoning, chicken stock, and salsa. When we got home from P-dubs' delightfully chilly football game, I took the chicken out, put it in my Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment and turned it on low. Perfectly shredded chicken. Ten seconds at the most. Maybe everyone knows this little trick and are snickering about my previously used two-fork-method. Never again, though. Now I know the secret

2. I am currently taking all the videos off of my phone. Apparently, I have recorded about 83% of the girls' waking moments. And some of their sleeping

3. I did something this week and I need you to please not judge me. Because, honestly, I read about someone doing this one time on Facebook or a blog or somewhere and I was a little judge-y. {I'm a serious work-in-progress, in case you weren't aware.} I used the Harris Teeter Express Lane online shopping. Why am I embarrassed to admit that?! Because what kind of perfectly physically capable person just doesn't go in to the store and do her own shopping?! Let me tell you why. For $4.95, I was able to get my shopping done on a morning when naps were staggered and then it down poured. I had one baby dressed and ready to go, waiting on the other to wake up when the skies opened up and rained discouragement all over this weak, little heart. We needed everything. Milk, eggs, bread. I hadn't gone shopping since we got back from our trip. And I couldn't wait to go when the girls were in bed because, well, then they wouldnt have eaten. Dire situation. The thought of setting up the double stroller and getting them strapped in during a rainstorm just about did me in. So, I took the plunge and ordered online. It was so easy. They take coupons. A wonderful employee calls you if they're out of something and will substitute a similar item for the same price. Paul picked the order up on his way home. Amazing. I highly recommend it if you, like me, ever find yourself simply unable to do it all. And then give yourself a little grace about it.

4. I'm still transferring videos. Oh my.

5. Look what I just discovered that Logan must have Googled. 
The Netherlands. Huh. And, wow, I have a lot of tabs open. 

6. The above mentioned shopping extravaganza made it possible for me to make this tonight. 

And, let me tell you, that couscous is no ordinary couscous. It's brown butter mango pine nut couscous. That I made without a recipe. {I know it doesn't seem hard but I never make anything without a recipe. Such a rule follower.} I was inspired by something Paul had at Bobby Flay's restaurant in Atlantis. It was wicked good. I was proud. P-dubs was happy. Howie didn't care. It was a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...