photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Monday, November 5, 2012

one year {not even two weeks late which means i must be almost on top of this twin thing}

Dear babies,
 
It's been one year since we first met you. One year since that first glimpse of tiny, shriveled newborn babies turned our world upside down. And we can honestly say we have loved every minute of it. You have been pure joy and light this past year. You've reminded us to slow down. You've showed us what matters. You've multiplied our joy and taught us a tremendous amount. You've pointed us to our Heavenly Father in completely new ways.  And you've ushered in a new appreciation of a solid night's sleep.
 I remember looking at you in that operating room...tiny little strangers...and feeling such an intense love for you that it took my breath away. I couldn't imagine loving anything any more than I loved you two at that moment. Yet, here I am a year later. You aren't strangers to me anymore. I know your smile, your laugh, your scent, your hungry cry, your frustrated grunt, the feel of your tiny body curled up next to me, your favorite toy, your determination. And I love you a million times more than I did in that chilly room surrounded by nurses and doctors and beeping machines. I am so thankful for you. I am so blessed by you.
 
Your daddy and I have soaked up every second we could of this first year. We truly enjoyed every stage you've been through. There have been many times where other people may have gotten some work done around the house or caught up on emails but, instead,  we've sat and watched you play and laugh for hours. You are just that entertaining to us. We think you're hilarious. We think you are geniuses. We think you're the most wonderful idea God ever came up with.
 
It's amazing how much you've changed in a year. And sometimes I feel like I need to stop time. Just so my heart can take this all in a little more. But I can't. And, honestly, I'm so excited to see the tiny people you are becoming. You two won't be stopped. You're already taking year two by storm. And I can't wait.
 
So happy birthday, sweet girls. We love you to the moon and back 50 times. Or more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...