photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, July 21, 2017

two years later

The last post I shared on this silly little blog was two years ago in the wee hours of July 22nd. Bouncing on an exercise ball, breathing through contractions. It was 3:30 in the morning and my contractions were too uncomfortable to sleep through but not painful enough to bother anyone's sleep. Definitely not urgent enough to head to the hospital. I knew it was the real thing but also knew it would be hours until we met this tiny baby who was the definition of a surprise and the epitome of joy. 

So what else is there to do when you're in labor in the middle of the night but write down the things you wanted to remember about that pregnancy? And here we are two years later. A beautiful baby boy. No birth story, no monthly pictures, no first birthday post. As the kids say these days, hashtag fourth child problems. I don't feel bad about it...but I kind of do...

We've enjoyed every second with this baby. He's adored by his three sisters in a way that I could never have imagined. These two years have been some of the best and hardest for a lot of reasons. Everyone says that with babies. It's hard but it's just so good. And while we've had some serious struggles that I never would have imagined would touch our little family, it's mostly been those big changes that can be hard and wonderful all at the same time. A new baby. A new house. A red-headed, blue-eyed toddler that, after months and months of being the easiest baby, threw me for a loop with her sass and spunk and temper. Who also became strawberry blonde. Sisters getting excited for Kindergarten in the fall. 

So here we are two years later with an unbelievably handsome tornado who showers our home with equal parts chaos and charm. I mean, mostly pure chaos. But still. And that's why I feel a little bad. I started this blog as a kind of gathering of days. The days since his birth are a little fuzzy. How have we spent our days? I couldn't really tell you. But I can tell you, we're so, so grateful to have this TWO-year-old in our family. Happy birthday, my sweet Wiley-boy. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...