photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Saturday, February 26, 2011

what i loved about this week

Flowers from Warner. 




She felt bad because last week I was left all alone in second grade. And in a school district where the sub system is not that reliable, this can mean utter disaster


Thursday = 5 second grade classes, 2 teachers, 1 sub, kids dispersed and a lot of running around for me. 


Friday = 5 second grade classes, one teacher, one sub... thankfully, some wonderful members of the support staff stepped up to fill in the gaps. Frankly, I'm not sure how much learning went on those two days but there were no injuries or children missing so I view them as a complete success. It really ended up being a great day on Friday. Flowers were unwarranted but so greatly appreciated. They made my day.

A home-cooked, authentic Filipino dinner.  




P-dub's friend from work came over to cook us dinner and show us what we were missing. (Macaroni and cheese is not looked upon as fine cuisine?!? P-dubs had no idea...)This man showed up at my door with all the ingredients he needed and cooked up a storm. 


I think I might love him. I would maybe even trade Howie for him. 


I just can't get over how he can use a few simple ingredients and make the most delicious meal that's ever been cooked in our kitchen. (Of course, he doesn't understand why I need to read the directions to cook rice but, clearly, he doesn't know me that well. Or my husband has painted a very kind, if inaccurate, picture of my cooking skills. Thanks, dear.) I did make him homemade sugar cookies after dinner. And he acted like they were the greatest thing he'd ever eaten. I'm still unsure how sincere this was but I'll take it. 

Seven year-olds. 




There are days when I love my job and can't believe I'm lucky enough to be trusted to teach these sweet babies. And then there are days where everything is hard. Friday was a day where I felt beyond blessed. I caught these little sweethearts looking longingly over the fence to the field where the 3rd graders play. Oh, how they want to play on the field. They think they are ready to be "big kids." I do not. I want to tell them to enjoy every minute they can on the playground. I want to point out that the field isn't that fun. Especially when you don't understand the rules to kickball. I want to enlighten them to the fact that all you do on the field is run around...just like on the playground but minus the slide, swings, monkey bars, and cool fake rock climby-thing. I want them to just be seven. 


Crepes with P-dubs and a dear friend.


After a long week, Nutella cures most of what ails you. Enough said.


Frozen yogurt. 
Today I got a pedicure with a sweet co-worker. Sometimes you just need a heart-to-heart while someone rubs your feet. And there was a frozen yogurt place right next door. Even better. 


Blessed? Oh, yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...