photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, August 18, 2011

soaking it all up

 Yesterday I was soaking up my last few minutes of summer...

The beach with P-dubs' family...



Paul and our niece Kaite building...
...a beach teepee. {Should have brought beach toys.}
Crabbing and alligator spotting...

Good thing because today I was soaking up this....
I kid you not that is a QUARTER next to that thing. Ew. But look at those nice shiny floors.
 And this...
 Which became this...
Five teachers worth of resources=overwhelming.
But I ain't scerred...I will conquer this mess of a new home trailer. And it will be homey...and welcoming...and organized. And it WILL be cockroach free. Gosh darn it. In an attempt to be truly honest and accurate, that roach was in my trailer just not today...it was a week or two ago when my little brother came to help me move my furniture.  But that really is a quarter next to it. P-dubs didn't believe us. {If he had been there my blood curdling screams would have testified to the Goliath size of that bug. I almost peed a little.} I made it five years in this district in an actual classroom, in an actual building. I guess it's my turn to experience all the adventures that come with being in a mobile unit. Warner says she's going to hang Christmas lights on her trailer...maybe put some potted plants in the "alley" outside her door. Sounds downright delightful.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...