photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

wardrobe malfunctions

Almost 29 weeks pregnant and the last two days I have finally felt uncomfortable. That's pretty good, though, right? Thank you, Jesus, for my job but the extra hour they've added to the school day is KILLING me! (Or at least my feet...)I survived the sweltering summer with zero swelling and then came a whole gaggle of 2nd graders. People keep saying 'You need to be off your feet. Sit down!' 

I'm sorry... but you try sitting for any length of time with a classful of 7-year-olds. I try to stay off my feet but I still have a job to do. And, honestly, sometimes I forget that these twin-bearing feet can't handle what they used to--until I get home and take off my sandals to reveal puffy, imprinted little balloons. My feet hurt so bad the other night I decided to bust out the Danskos

 Usually these are reserved for winter months when dress pants and jeans cover their kind-of grandma-ish style. But, you guys, I LOVE these shoes (along with many a nurse, teacher, and chef). These things are just so dang comfortable. So yesterday I donned my black Danskos (with pants... I once saw someone wearing them with capris and it just wasn't right). But they didn't fit. What?!? They are supposed to be a little loose!! So I put on my brown ones (which then did not match what I was wearing. Oh well, I can't see my feet anyway...) By the end of the day my feet HURT. Not even a little bit. My Danskos failed me. Couldn't even believe it. (I know...oh, the drama.)

So today I tried flats. But shoes were the least of my worries. If only I'd known. Just as my kids were arriving for the day, a downright hilarious thing happened that not only made my day but the day of many a colleague.

Y'all I split my pants. 

Not even a little bit. Like an indecent bit. I was trying to stack a few reams of paper next to a shelf and since I can't bend AT ALL I was in a full out grand-pliĆ©...trying my hardest to be graceful. I should never try to be such. It never works out. I sent my poor co-teacher (who I'm sure is completely traumatized by my pregnancy and will likely never procreate because of it) to find someone with a sweater to wrap around my waist belly. I called my brother to bring me some pants but not before waddling down the alley  to Warner's trailer to show her the hilarity that was my split pants (and my booty in the process, not gonna lie...I'm sure that's just what she needed first thing in the morning...poor thing. It's tough being my best friend.)

Lesson learned. It looks like I need to invest in some maternity pants. Dang it. And, also, I should probably just keep a pair of yoga pants in my desk drawer.

1 comment:

  1. The last couple of months of my pregnancy with Josiah I went out and bought cheap black canvas shoes, a size bigger than what I normally wear. There was NO WAY I could fit my feet into any pair of dressy type work shoes, much less the ones I actually owned. I know I looked fairly ridiculous, but it was the only way. And yes, maternity pants and/or skirts are a must!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...