photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Sunday, October 23, 2011

baby veto

Our girls have been nameless for pretty much my entire pregnancy. I really think it might be harder to choose two names than one.  I mean, you want to like one as much as the other. Plus, also, most of our name conversations have gone something like this...
What about 'Boston'? Boston Rae...or Boston Rose...
...Or Boston Marathon. Boston Marathon Minor. 

He was kind of  serious.

And then one day Paul texted me asking about the name 'Penelope.' I still haven't figured out if he was serious or not.  Cause I was all, "What?!? Are you serious?" And he just said, "Why wouldn't I be?" {Which made me feel a little bad about reacting so strongly.} But really, he's not all that serious all that often. I know him so well and yet he can sometimes be so...vague. (Another example of this is how I still don't know whether he's ever had his ear pierced. Because I SWEAR one time when we were just kind of acquaintances who kind of ran in the same circle that I saw him wearing an earring. Very JT. But then later when I mentioned it he said he'd never had his ear pierced. But then one time his brother said something about piercing their ears. So I just don't know. Mind you...this is the same boy who also once convinced a roommate of mine that he and his {Asian} roommate were brothers and MKs from China. And another time, he convinced a girl at church that he was an Alpaca farmer. Yup, that's how he made his living. Raising Alpacas.  It's not that he is lying so much as if you're gonna believe he was raised in China and his primary source of income is from a llama-like animal, then he's going to let you believe it.

Anyways, in these last few weeks of being extremely gigantically pregnant, I've been watching the season of FRIENDS where Rachel is pregnant. I feel like this could be us...except my hair's not that good and P-dubs is not quite that nerdy.





Other names that have been thrown out in the last few months...

Braxton & Hicks {seriously these tricky little contractions were a huge pain around 28 weeks...)
Dolly & Howie {Call the kids and the dogs at the same time! How efficient...}
Taylor & Liberty {Throwback to our college days...}

Of course they've also been lovingly referred to as Laverne & Shirley, Lucy & Ethel, Ben & Jerry (ya know, before we knew they were girls...) But we may just have to go with Rain and Veto.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...