photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, October 13, 2011

my pregnancy by the numbers

2: babies

43.5: total number of pounds gained SO FAR. This is hilarious because when my doctor told me that she wanted me to gain between 35 and 45 pounds I thought '35 sounds good. There's no way I'm making it to 45.' Yet here I am. Forty-three point five pounds heavier with time to spare. There's no telling how high that number might get. But, honestly, I don't care. If extra pounds means those babies are getting nice and big. I'll take it. Although, I feel bad for my knees and feet. 

5: pillows needed to gain any semblance of comfort to sleep. Poor P-dubs. I literally take up at least two-thirds of the bed  with my big belly and superfluous pillows. But, trust me, they are necessary. And on that note...

4-6: hours of actual sleep time. I'm convinced that God designed the last trimester to ease you into sleepless nights with a newborn. Or two.

52: number of times I have pricked my finger to check my glucose. Thank you, gestational diabetes. 

0: number of pregnancy books read. I just find that there are so many other things that I need to get done!! My sister-in-law did give me a great book about the 100 healthiest foods to eat during pregnancy and I flipped through that every trimester. Lots of good information. And I really do want to read one about breastfeeding. Because that is terrifying to me.

I'm probably gonna wish I'd read every single one of these. Yeah? Dang it.
3: "shoes" that fit. By 'shoes' I mean my slippers, my Uggs, and these slipper/moccasin things that Karen let me borrow.  I'm lookin' pretty fly these days.

5-7: times I get up to 'go' at night. I used to be able to hold it like a champ...I could go from the time I got to school until I got home 10 hours later and never even think about it. Not so much with 10 pounds of baby crushing every organ. 

1: number of times this has happened...but now that I know she is willing, it will definitely happen again before I deliver.  

Sister of the year award. For so many reasons...but painting my toenails is right up there. P-dubs also wins an award because he took my old polish off.  So blessed.
21: days until these sweet girls will be here!!! One way or another they will be here by November 3rd...whether it's by scheduled c-section or Baby A deciding to turn head down so I can try this the 'normal way.' Really doubting that since she's been breach the whole time. Wicked stubborn. We can't wait. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...