photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

dear baby (part 1)

Dear Charleigh-girl,
You are two months old and I still can't believe I'm lucky enough to be your mommy. I thank God everyday that he gave me you. What would I do without you?! I loved you from the second I knew I might have you. I daydreamed about what you would be like and those dreams don't even begin to compare with everyday, real life with you.



You are already my silly, happy girl. You started really laughing and smiling this week...especially at your daddy. Something about him just tickles you pink and I love that. You are feisty and sweet all wrapped up in one little package. You can be angry as all get out one second and laughing the next. And vice versa. If we're being honest, you can sometimes be downright demanding. Where your sister is calm and serious, you are wild and goofy. I could watch you make faces all day long. We can't figure out exactly who you look like but your Grammy sent a picture of me at your age and it looks an awful lot like you. You are a lot like your Auntie Noney with your faces, though. That girl can't hide what she's thinking or feeling and it seems you can't either. I think I will be telling you to 'Fix your face' just like I tell her. 





You are a messy, noisy eater getting milk all over your face pretty much every time you nurse. You lost almost all your hair a few weeks ago and looked like a balding old man for awhile but thankfully it has started to grow back! And you have a strawberry mark on your head that has gotten bigger and bigger since it first appeared a week or two after you were born. Your dad calls you his little unicorn.  You're bigger than your sister but still smaller than most other babies when they are born. You are strong and wiggly and HATE being swaddled. You think you can stand up and try to walk off all the time. Let's wait on that for a little while, ok? 

Almost escaped from your swaddle...
...because you prefer to sleep like this.
You've changed so much in the last few weeks and I can't wait to see your funny personality come out more and more. You can entertain us for hours. You are so precious to me and I love you more than you could ever know. Your daddy and I are already so proud of you and thankful that God picked us to be your parents!
Love and kisses,
Mommy 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...