photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

great resolve

As I was driving through my neighborhood yesterday morning, I saw about 16 people running/jogging/walking. Now my neighborhood has quite a few committed runners/joggers/walkers but 16 people in a two mile span is kind of a lot. Oh...but it was January 2nd. January. Second. Ah... I realized many of these people were probably on Day 2 of trying to fulfill some inspiring New Years resolution. And it got me thinking about what my resolution should be. I'm under no dreamy impression that I would be able to resolve to work out everyday. Or every week for that matter. Let's be real. But there are a few things I should probably work on. Let's be more real... a lot of things. I should resolve to try to be more put together. These babies are 9 weeks old for goodness gracious. I should be able to at least appear to be a normal person as opposed to a spit-up covered mom of twins.

Sidebar: I SWORE I would never be one of those moms that always wore yoga pants and had spit-up on every article of clothing. I mean, how hard is it really to keep one's shirt free of spit up?!? But as it turns out it's harder than you think. These babies are tricky. You think you've burped them long enough. You think the spit up cloth is positioned just the right way to catch any and all liquid that may come from said vigorously burped baby. But then they sneak attack you when you least expect it.

Sidebar #2: As I write this, I'm wearing blue and green snowflake fleece pants, a black t-shirt, gray cardigan, and olive green baseball cap... Any goal of appearing like above mentioned 'normal person' at this point might be a little lofty and ambitious.

So maybe I should make a resolution I might actually be able to complete. I've already written about my desire to live more gracefully...like Mary. I think something that will help me do this is to simplify my life...particularly my terrible habit of over committing and double booking. I do this ALL the time. It drives P-dubs crazy. It irks my sister to no end. (I'm not sure who it bothers more...but it's a good bonding point for them. This probably bothers other people too but they're just too polite to say anything.) I say yes to a coffee date the same afternoon I have a doctors appointment and people coming over for dinner. {I just really love people.}I act like there are 27 hours in a day...or I justify my plans by saying, 'Well this should only be an hour and then a 20 minute drive and I'll make it to such and such' when I know full well I will lose track of time, talk for an hour and a half, and the drive will be AT LEAST 35 minutes with traffic. I can't tell you how many times my sister has called me asking where I am and I say, 'On my way!' as I'm literally just getting in the car. So I'm gonna work on it. I'm not going to try to cram too many things into too little time. I might have to say no sometimes. Which I HATE to do. But in the end I think it will make my life a little more graceful. Still spit-up covered but graceful.
Cutest spitter-uppers ever.

1 comment:

  1. love the way you write. I swore I would never be "that yoga pant wearing mom" either...currently I'm wearing a floral thermal, neon green sweatpants, and magenta and gray striped slippers...that went out the door immediately after I had Ada. I'm impressed you're doing mom to 2 so gracefully girl! Keep taking it a day at a time and if you want to get anywhere on time, just get ready 2 hours before you have to go out the door, that's the only way I've EVER been on time these past 6 months ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...