photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, January 5, 2012

some days are...poopy

Today I'm feeling a little anxious...terrified, if we're being honest. {Which I try to be.} Today is Day 1 of cloth diapering. Cloth diapering?! Who does that?? Why would I be crazy enough to shrug off the cleanliness (well kind of) and convenience of disposables? Umm. Because remember this one time I had TWO babies at the SAME TIME? And these two little bums are in almost constant need of a diaper change. Hello, expensive. {Also, it's good for the earth.}  So here we go.











Update #1: So far, so good. And these cloth diapers are so stinkin' adorable. Stinking adorable. Har. {It's easy to crack yourself up when you're home all day with two little people who think it's the most hilarious thing in the world when you stick out your tongue.}



Update #2: My once a week pooper WOULD choose today to be her poop day. And, wow, you should have seen the faces she was making during the...ummm...process. It's like she KNOWS. Oh. My. Goodness. These babes might be witness to a mama meltdown the likes of which they've never seen. Better get on it.




Update #3: It wasn't that bad. No meltdown necessary. Don't get me wrong, if my once-a-weeker were more predictable you better believe I'd be slapping a Pamper on that sweet tush on her 'poop day.'  But, alas, babies are the opposite of predictable. They are crazy. Crazy babies.





4 comments:

  1. i am sooo glad to see that you are using cloth diapers. makes me even MORE proud (if there were even possible) to know you. :) me and my siblings were all cloth-diapered. i remember changing my youngest siblings diapers.... swishing the poopy ones in the toilet before putting them in the diaper pail for washing. thank god i wasn't the one who had to wash them though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cloth diapering! Although poops are definitely more work intensive. Also, love your blog :) And congrats on TWINS!!! (late)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And glad to hear you are surviving cloth diapering. What kind do you use?

      Delete
  3. I love Gdiapers ! They are working really well for us. I need to come see you and those precious girls.
    Kelly Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...