photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cheerwine

 



So I have a funny story from the other night. But it's embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the outfit I was wearing the other day. Fleece with snowflakes, geesh. Well, maybe more embarrassing because I was wearing an outfit much like that when this happened. Anyways. P-dubs arrived home from work to two beautiful babies but no dinner. {This happens a lot. Fail.} So I headed out into the night to pick something up for him. I may not cook you dinner but, by golly, I'll hop in my car and get you Taco Bell at 9:45 at night. I'm a good wife like that. {I brought Howie along for the ride because he went from 'Only Child' to 'What? I'm not even really a child?!' in a very short amount of time. I think he needed a little one on one time.}

As I was leaving Taco Bell, the bright and cheerful lights of Cookout beckoned for me to come on over for some hush puppies and a Cheerwine float. Don't mind if I do. {Nothing like eating right while breastfeeding. Fail.} 
Well, the little high school boy leans out the window to take my card and says 'Pretty dog' as he hands me my float. But then as he hands back my card he says, 'Prettier driver.' Huh? I literally thought, 'Who's the driver?' and almost looked around the car for someone who could be worthy of this compliment. Oh but he was talking about ME. {At least in comparison to the dog...} Ha. Let me remind you, it was 10:00 at night. It was very dark. Very. Poor kid. He had no clue what he was really complimenting. But then it got worse. I laughed a meek, little uncomfortable laugh and started to pull away. 'Ma'am you're waiting on your hush puppies.' Shoot. So I had to put the car in reverse to go back to the window. I should have just left then. I already had my Cheerwine float. Clearly, I have not been complimented by anyone in a long time. I just didn't even know what to do with myself. {P-dubs does compliment me but that's part of his job.}  Anyways. It cracked me up. I called Paul to tell him and he said, 'Ha. You made that up.' I wish that were true, buddy. I wish that were true. All in all, it was a good experience though because Howie was told he was pretty . And he liked that. We think you're pretty too, Howard. Yes, we do. 

thebeautifulmess.com


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Cookout and hush puppies! (family is from Raleigh) and he was right, you are pretty and your family is equally as beautiful! Alyssa McKoy Cunio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...