photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Monday, January 23, 2012

motherhood by the numbers

2: babies 

2: parents. Thank goodness. Two babes, two parents. Two babes, two hands. This is doable. I don't know how parents of triplets do it. I don't know anyone with three hands. Or three parents under the same roof. (Unless you count Sister Wives. But I don't really know know them.) If I had triplets, my sister would just have to move in permanently. Sorry, Gabey-baby.

24ish: number of diaper changes in a day...give or take.

5: the average number of times I heat up my {decaf} coffee before sipping on it cold or giving up on it entirely.

8: average number of times I nurse each baby in a 24 hour period. That means 16 total. Yikes.

3 and 1/2: hours Sweet C sleeps at a time each night. Actually, last night both girls slept for 6 and 1/2 hours before waking up for their first nighttime feeding. But I didn't want to mention it for fear of jinxing it.

8: D batteries we have used to keep the baby whisperer {swing} functioning. Batteries running out=catastrophe. We really need to get rechargeable batteries. They make those, right?

12ish: loads of laundry a week. Does that seem like a lot? Now that I think about it, that seems like a lot...

1: times I've gone to the mall by myself with the girls. I've been plenty of places with the girls and P-dubs or the girls and my sister-but last week was the first time I busted out the double stroller all by myself. {Which is kind of tricky...do I leave the car running while I set up the stroller so they don't get cold? BUT WHAT IF SOMEONE JUMPS IN THE CAR AND DRIVES OFF WITH BOTH OF THEM (obviously running over me in the process)?? And then, when I roll on over to one side of the car to get Baby A, do I lock the doors so no one can grab Baby B? This is only tricky because my key fob doesn't work right now and the car only locks from the driver's side because the passenger side door wasn't fixed correctly after it was broken into in NYC last year. So dramatic, right? But my mind literally goes through all these scenarios.} Anyways. The ladies in line behind me at Bed, Bath, and Beyond were very impressed. One was there with her mom and baby. And the lady behind them told us that she still hadn't gone anywhere alone with her 5 month old. Now, to me, that is just silly. And, if I were her, I probably wouldn't have admitted that. But to each their own. I just know I would go crazy if I didn't feel like I could go anywhere.

9: days before Christmas our Christmas tree was up.

29: days after Christmas our Christmas tree has been up. This is embarrassing. The first few weeks we insisted it was still up because we were gonna get our money's worth out of it. Now we have no excuse. But please don't judge. 

2: people close to me that have had dreams I was already pregnant. Again. Funny. But not that funny.

32 million: times I put Sweet C's pacifier in during the night. The day that girl learns how to put her own pacifier back in will be AH=mazing.

3: pairs of yoga pants I own.

7: number of yoga pants I WISH I owned. One for each day of the week. Is that bad?

11: meals I've made since having these girls. But three of those were all last week. So I'm getting better. {And if you count all the 'meals' I make for the girls it's actually a lot. See above.} Maybe I'll cook five times this week. Maybe.

0: things I would change about my life since October 26th. {Except maybe hiring a person to do the dishes and laundry. A girl can dream. }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...