photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, February 3, 2012

i have a problem

And it's called The Hunger Games. I promised myself I wasn't going to read them. There was so much hype about them and, to be honest with you, the premise of the books made me a little sick. Children forced to fight to the death!? What a weird and deranged thing to write about.

My problem is that my mother-in-law shared the book with me and with plenty of nursing time to read things on my phone, I got sucked in. And now those few minutes where both girls are napping, I'm reading instead of doing productive things like the dishes or diapers or showering. Charleigh wakes up needing her diaper changed? Sorry, Charleigh. Doesn't she realize that Katniss is about to be engulfed in a huge wall of fire?! Can't this wait? {I promise I put the book down and tended to my child. Promise.}
Hunger Games time. They're excited.
I still haven't decided whether I really like the book or not but I feel like I have to keep reading to find out what happens. I also feel like I should take a self defense class or at the very least learn how to fashion a weapon out of tree bark and cattails. Or learn to use any weapon at all. And brush up on what plants are safe to eat in the wild. {Should have stuck it out in the Girl Scouts. Darn.}

 I managed to stay out of the Harry Potter and Twilight craze. (Although both series come highly recommended by some pretty rad people, I just couldn't get into them.) This one got me. Dang it. And now I'm just one of those deranged people reading about a fight to the death set in some strange future world.
And this is what I get. Because I didn't do the dishes while she was asleep, I have to do them with a baby strapped to me. Luckily, neither of us mind. Thank goodness for the Moby.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading all 3 of them. I think they were so good! I couldn't wait for nap time everyday so I could read lol. And I made the granola recipe from your blog and it was so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should read the stephanie plum novels by janet evanovich (the first one just came out as a movie "one for the money"). they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games was included on a list of human rights-themed books for summer reading. It was the "lightest" of the group. But the list's author said that it's a good reminder of the dangers of totalitarianism. I guess that's an interesting take...
    (http://blog.amnestyusa.org/us/10-books-for-your-2011-summer-reading-list/)
    FWIW, I read them and enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...