photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

be still

Today was a big day. I got to meet these little guys.
These boys are one of the sets of twins I mentioned in this post. They were born right before Christmas at 32 weeks and are now at home weighing in at a hefty 6 pounds or so. Praise the Lord.  I left my own little twinsies in the care of their aunt and headed over with baked pasta in hand.

They were SO tiny. Be still my heart. And so floppy and newborn-ish. I know my girls were that little when they were born (and that floppy, too) but I almost can't remember it. And that scares me. How can the months go by so fast but the hours between 5 until P-dubs gets home from work at 8 seem like an eternity? Seeing those sweet babies and hearing their tiny little voices and cries just reminded me again that I need to enjoy EVERY moment. Because it won't last forever.

Tonight when I got home, I held little Lo as she fell fast asleep on my chest. I almost put her down. The dishwasher needed to be unloaded and I'm sure the laundry was ready to be folded. But I stopped myself. She will only be 3 months and 6 days old today. And she will only need me like this for a little while longer. Someday, all too soon, she will be too busy to want to fall asleep on her mom. So I held her and  enjoyed the stillness of the moment.
(This is actually Sweet C but I feel the world should be blessed by these eyelashes too.)
And, you know, the dishwasher still needs to be unloaded and I'm gonna have to run the dryer  again to fluff out the wrinkles from letting the clothes sit there so long but I don't regret it a bit. I'm so excited for Amy and the changes that are in store for her boys in the next few months. But I'm glad she's truly cherishing her moments with them now. Everyone always says it but it's true: They grow up too fast.
My 'big' girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...