photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Monday, March 19, 2012

The good stuff

The weekend was pretty low key around here. P-dubs has been working his little booty off on the weekends and, as much as I would love for him to flit about with all of us girls doing absolutely nothing, I'm so thankful he's willing to put in extra hours to provide for this little family. He gets to work from home,though. Which is nice. I distract him with babies too much for sure. But how can I not?





Disclaimer: You'll notice a lack of green on this post because, let's be real, most days I don't even know which day of the week it is. And those repeat every 7 days. St. Patrick's day is just once a year. The chances of me remembering it were slim to none. And none it was. You know I love holidays and their traditions. I really do. It's just that without having to write the day of the week and date on a white board every morning, I barely knew it was March. {Plus, it feels like July around here. So you can understand my confusion. Or maybe not.


But, this weekend, somebody did get a hair cut. 

You can't really tell in the pictures but his bandana has skulls and crossbones on it. Because he's tough like that. {We promised him that his new 'do didn't make his crooked teeth more noticeable. But it really does.

And we did go for a walk. 

Somebody got all tuckered out and had to ride back home.
I wasn't trying to hide the girls from the world...just from the evil wasps that are everywhere right now. 
Me: Get your naked little self out of there and walk.
Howard: But mom, I'm sooo tired. Fifteen minutes is my limit!!

I was also very domestic this weekend and made homemade banana bread. It tasted good but it didn't really rise or something. Don't ask P-dubs how much of the loaf I ate. He will lie to you and say three-quarters. When I easily at nine-tenths. 
And I made homemade KIND bars. {Because who can pay $2 a pop for one bar. Not this girl. And certainly not this girl. But they are gluten free and delicious, so I set out to make some for the sister to whom I often owe my sanity. I use the term 'make' loosely here since all I really did was find a recipe and follow my sister around the kitchen while wearing Sweet C and telling her how much of each ingredient she needed. {As opposed to the flat banana bread that I really did make.} 

Overall, a great weekend. Even without corned beef and cabbage. 

2 comments:

  1. What KIND bar recipe did you use? I LOVE your granola recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used a combination of Mama Pea's Recipe: http://peasandthankyou.com/2010/05/03/my-kind-of-day/) and this one: http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/homemade-trio-bars-and-homemade-kind.html. I still want to try a few different things. They were definitely sticky but they were delicious... : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...