photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, March 22, 2012

lemon kale pasta and chicken salad



What I Ate Wednesday...


I've been meaning to share these lunches for a couple weeks. They're just so darn good and easy. I made a slightly different version of the pasta for P-dubs for dinner a few nights later and he didn't believe me that I made it without a recipe. {Shows how much faith he has in my cooking skills.}

Anyways...I give you...
Lemon Kale Pasta

  • Sauté kale and mushrooms with olive oil and a little garlic.
  • Toast pine nuts for a few minutes at 350 until they are just a little brown.
  • Add the kale, mushrooms, and pine nuts to some whole wheat spaghetti.
  • Add diced tomatoes and a handful of Parmesan cheese.
  • Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the pasta and mix well.
  • Thank your lucky stars for pine nuts. They make this meal.
Chicken Salad

For some reason I always forget about chicken salad. It's so easy and yummy and better than eating cereal for lunch. I used some leftover chicken and added a little olive oil mayonnaise, Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing, diced apple, and chopped almonds. Put it all in a pita (or bun or croissant) and you have a meal of champions. Or at least busy people who really appreciate food that's not poured from a small cardboard box. The secret ingredient here is the Newman's Own dressing. Not only does it make this taste great and cut the amount of mayo you need to use, it is seriously one of my all time favorite dressings for pretty much everything. Salad, bruschetta, dipping pizza crusts, pasta...you name it. Go get some. It will change your life. Or at least your chicken salad.

863156043_125.jpg






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...