photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, May 31, 2012

thursday things

1. We have a tad bit of crankiness going on in this little casa. But it comes in spurts and in between they are happy as little twin clams just chillin' on the ocean floor. The fussiness though is intense and so sad. Which led me, in my teething research, to this Baltic amber teething necklace. I've read a few blogs of moms who have babies who wear them and they swear by them. Have any of y'all heard of them? I'm willing to try almost anything. {P-dubs is not though and he thinks it's weird.}

2. My sweet friend Laci stopped by on Monday and dropped off this little gift. Made my week. I love Passion tea but it's really strong. Today I mixed it with a little pink lemonade. Amazing. Who needs Starbucks?! Not this girl.

3. My daughters like to put their lovies over their faces to fall asleep. Makes me so nervous. Once they're asleep I always go in and take them but I still hate it.

4. The girls have officially outgrown their gDiapers. This isn't saying much though since the smalls went up to only 13 pounds. Way to pack on the pounds, girls. I liked the gDiapers because our Bumgenius were so bulky when they were tiny {forever}. But now I want something to last until potty training. We have a few Bumgenius and a few Flips but, now that I've gotten my feet wet (not literally, in case you're worried) with cloth diapering, I'm kind of feeling brave enough to try prefolds, snappis, covers, and the whole shebang. {If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you are like me a year ago. Think more old school...like how they used to pin diapers. On second thought, maybe I'm not so brave.} I also read some good reviews about these diapers. They're made in the U.S. I like that. 

5. I have been eating graham crackers with peanut butter and milk like they are going out of style. Which maybe they did. In like elementary school. 

6. Get yourself some cream cheese, pesto, sun dried tomatoes and chicken and make this meal. I'm always telling people to make food. I'm weird like that. Usually, I rant and rave about healthy food. {You've probably never met someone who can get so excited about quinoa.} This is not really healthy per se but it's so easy and tastes like you got it from a fancy Italian restaurant. The only thing I do differently is add a little balsamic vinegar to the topping. 
Too many cooks in the kitchen? Just look at that pesto/cream cheese goodness.

7. And I'm off to research some more cloth diapers. It's addicting. I know, that's hard to believe but, nevertheless, I may need an intervention.

4 comments:

  1. I could talk hours about cloth diapers. :-)

    I actually need to order some more for baby #2. I remember when Savannah was about a year old, I started branching out and trying all sorts of diapers and that was a lot of fun!! I hope you find some you like. :-) Let me know if you want to bounce any ideas off; I've also written a lot about cloth diapers on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read pretty much all your posts about cloth diapers. So helpful! I'll definitely be emailing you with some questions... : )

      Delete
  2. hmm, let's see:
    1. i have a friend who swears by the amber teething necklaces. she didn't discover them until her second child and LOVES them.
    5. jay LOVES graham crackers, so you're not alone. lol
    6. i love me some quinoa too! even bought a recipe book completely devoted to quinoa recipes!! good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Totally trying the necklaces.
      5. I always knew I liked Jay.
      6. We will be talking quinoa recipes next time I see you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...