photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

what a day

I feel like today was a million years long. Full of good things (and one not so good thing) but so, so long. I should have known it was going to be long when I'd already broken a sweat 16 times by 9:00. And half of those were inside the air conditioned house doing things like packing the diaper bag and feeding the girls their breakfast. Who would have thought those things could be so strenuous? I guess when it's 90 degrees out at mid-morning, I should expect that. And these girls are getting big and heavy. {Okay, bigger and heavier than I'm used to.} You should see me trying to carry both of their seats at the same time now. It's ridiculous. 
We met Warner for breakfast {which really ended up being brunch time. So thankful Katie is used to me and doesn't get bitter over the fact that I'm always late. Or maybe she does and she doesn't let on. Either way, I love her for it.} We met at a cute little place in South Park I've been wanting to try for months solely because they have a red velvet waffle with cream cheese. And it was amazing. Definitely worth the 16 sweats it took for me to get there. Upon glancing at the menu, I also spied with my little eye a S'more French toast breakfast. Shut the front door. I will be back for that someday Terrace Cafe. Oh yes, I will. And I might even be on time. {But probably not.}
Not only did Warner not hold my tardiness against me, she even offered to watch the girls for me so I could go meet this freshly born bundle of joy. The newborn sounds coming out of that tiny baby just about killed me. He is so sweet. And has so much hair! {We're not jealous about that or anything. Not at all.} Judah, you don't know it yet but you have some of the coolest parents around. 
And then came the whole debacle where I ran out of gas on the highway. What was that? It's never happened to me before and will never happen again. I cut it close sometimes but the Malibu always seems to have just enough to get me where I am going. Which this time I was going to a gas station. And did you know how fast it takes a car to really start warming up on a wicked hot day with no air running? Oh about .3 seconds. {This would be where my babies broke their first sweat of the day.} But, thankfully, Bucky and Karen stopped on their way to dinner and let us hang out in their air conditioning while we waited for the AAA guy. Not like they had a date to go on or anything. I called my mom while I was waiting and it turns out at that exact moment, all the way up in NH, she was on the side of the road with a flat tire. Weird, right? Praise the Lord for AAA. 

When we got home I had a cold banana since I hadn't eaten since brunch and it was well past dinner time and, remember, I nurse twins. {So I was close to starving, obviously. Plus, being dramatic makes you hungry too.} I don't particularly care for cold bananas but we have a little fruit fly problem from the last bunch of bananas and while I wait for the apple cider vinegar to work its magic, any and all fruit will be in the fridge. This little chickadee liked my cold banana, though. Because, guess what? She has two little teeth coming in. Needless to say, the banana was not really appetizing to me after she sucked/chewed/gnawed on it. 

And then we were off to have a few pictures taken with the girls' cousins. Which I was late for. But, in my defense, I had a good excuse. My car just wouldn't move without gas. While we were there I got a text from Karen that something had happened to their battery and they were waiting on AAA at the restaurant. Nuh uh. If I learned anything today it's that NC summer + twins= lots of sweating. And that McLean family members can never cancel their AAA. 

2 comments:

  1. yikes. what a day!!! those poor sweet hot car babies. 3 family AAA calls in one day is ridiculous. no wonder you and speicher were such good friends.
    where was that picture taken with the tiffany blue wall?! cute place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog post made me laugh. we are so much alike.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...