photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, July 20, 2012

we're back!

Ten days, 3 flights, 1 Penske truck, thousands of memories, 5 trips for Bobby Sue's ice cream, 1 wedding, 6 dump runs, 1 all nighter, and  we're home safe and sound. And utterly exhausted. But my mom is successfully packed up and currently on the road to Charlotte!


Dionne and I flew back early Thursday morning. With two babies. And my grandma. Who broke her hip 8 weeks ago. Oh my goodness, were we ever a sight. Talk about needing extra time to board the plane. Yikes. Apparently, the aunt who was supposed to be overseeing my gram's packing job was either not that thorough or hadn't flown in a long time. Gram made it through security with not only a knife-like letter opener but also a pair of large sewing scissors. Don't worry, though, she was able to keep both because the letter opener wasn't pointy or serrated {looked pretty pointy to me} and the scissors were less than four inches {barely}. I, on the other hand, had to give up the ice pack that goes with my Medela pump because it wasn't frozen. (I've flown three times without it frozen but whatever, Trevor.) 

Oh, and, I received my first ever pat-down because traces of something were detected on my bag. I don't know what that 'something' could be but I got a pat-down while my scissor-wielding grandma didn't even have to take off her shoes. {Which I'm very glad about because it's kind of a process to get them on and off in her current state.} It's ok though. It was kind of like a quick, awkward, public massage. Which I needed at that point. 



When we landed in Charlotte we ran into the doctor who delivered the sisters. Love her. She was on her way to Delaware for a family reunion and gave me a big hug. Which was the second awkward experience of the day because I was holding Gram's cane, my diaper bag, Gram's bag, and a baby. None of which are hug conducive. But it made my morning, for sure. 

And then we saw Raymond Felton. So it was a pretty interesting trip home. 

I'm so proud of my mom for packing up her life and leaving a place she's known for 25 years. I'm unbelievably excited that my girls will grow up with two amazing grandmothers that are close by. I can't wait for mom to get here. Although, I can wait for the whole unpacking the truck thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...