photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, September 13, 2012

thursday things

1.  I have a slight obsession with Jim 'n' Nicks Chopped Southern Salad. There was a point right before we moved where I got it at least once a week for lunch because a.) when you add pulled pork and barbecue ranch, it is just so dang good, b.) it has a drive-thru, and c.) it comes with two of those itty, bitty cheesy rolls that I'm sure will be served in heaven in copious amounts. I'm craving one now but we are just far enough away from Jim n' Nick's now to make me rethink it and make my own lunch. P-dubs is happy about that.

2. I joined Pinterest. What?!? And have since wasted my life away looking at a million ideas for closet organization, a hundred work-outs that I will never do, and ten-thousand different recipes for pumpkin pancakes/muffins/doughnuts/anything you can put pumpkin in and make it better {pretty much everything}.

It has the oddly dual effect of inspiring me while at the same time making me feel so utterly uncreative/overwhelmed/completely inadequate. But I love it. I'm one of those who holds out on the thing everyone is doing {Facebook, Instagram, etc.) until the last possible minute and then I become the president of the Fan Club of Pinterest/Facebook/Instagram. 

Since our move, I was in the habit of getting on my sister's Pinterest and Evernote-ing (?) things which is just silly because pinning the ideas would have been much faster and more easily accessible. So I caved, weak person that I am. If you have Pinterest find me! Because I would love to spend way too many minutes looking at your recipes, quotes, cute animal pictures, photo ideas, holiday must-do's....hmm. Maybe don't find me. Like I said. I am weak.

3. Someone in our little house has decided it's a good idea to start sucking her thumb. Just in the past two days. When she was tiny and I wanted her to learn to self-soothe by sucking a finger she would have none of it. It was the paci or nothing. 
Let's not make this a habit, hmmm? 


4. Someone else has mastered the stairs! She's the stair-master. And much like her sister, she has developed a bad habit--where she bites/licks each step on the way up. So funny. So strange. Does she think it helps her? Does it taste good? I guess we'll never know.
I don't have a picture of her climbing the stairs that isn't ridiculously blurry but I DO have this hilarious picture of her with a puff stuck to her face. She ate her whole dinner like that. 


5.  Much like my indifference to getting the internet up and running in the new house, I feel the same about cable. I don't have it on during the day (except for to watch Live with Kelly and Michael) and, if it's on at any other point, there is a 99.99999% chance it is on ESPN or some sporting event. Actually, with the new fancy trial package or whatever it is, we had the chance to watch Hard Knocks about the Miami Dolphins' training camp. As far as I can tell it is pretty much like the Real Housewives of New Jersey (or wherever) except with grown men playing a game. All the gossip and hear-say and hurt feelings and disappointments and 'he's overweight' and 'we're gonna let him have it and see what he's made of' until he throws up a lot. Oh wow. But it sucked me right in and made football immensely more interesting. I guess I just need a little personal/relationship drama with my NFL. 

6.  Speaking of my friend, Kelly Ripa--Michael Strahan is the new co-host. I'll be honest I was rooting for Nich Lachey. I just love him and think he was done wrong by that Jessica Simpson character.  But Michael is really funny and I think it's hilarious how Kelly looks miniature next to him. That would be like if I hung out with my 7'3" sweetheart of a brother-in-law everyday. I would feel miniature. Every day. 

7.  I met up with Warner today to see her new classroom. And then we walked around Baxter Village with the girls and bought cupcakes. Word on the street is that this place was on some food network's Cupcake Wars and won. I will have to investigate that rumor further. 
The lumpy looking one is malted milk ball. It doesn't really look as pretty as the other ones but it's probably the best. 




2 comments:

  1. hmmm, tried finding you on pinterest. couldn't find you. you must not have linked your facebook with your pinterest either because i couldn't find you that way either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind! found you through hope king. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...