photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, January 3, 2013

a merry little christmas

 I knew this Christmas was going to be a million times more fun than the girls' first Christmas. Not that I wouldn't go back to that Christmas where all we did was snuggle tiny, sleeping infants in a heart beat. Because I would. But, geez Louise, is it fun to see two one-year-olds get the hang of tearing wrapping paper. {Way more exciting than playing with the actual toy, by the way.} Paul and I didn't go crazy buying the girls things. We actually only bought them two things each. And, shamefully {maybe not so shamefully?} I wrapped up a couple of toys that we bought them for our epic road trip to Florida and back the week before. {A journey I need to document here at some point--if only for proof later in life that we did survive 12 hours each way with twins. Pat on the back. Thank you very much. }

They loved those toys more the second time around. I really think so. We let my family and Paul's family spoil the sisters. And spoil they did. Sadly, I don't have any pictures from our evening with P-dubs' family. But, believe me when I say, I have never seen more toys and happy children. And chaos. Wonderful, elf-ish, paper chaos. 

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house. I would say I 'hosted' it except, in fact, I completely did not. Basically, I provided a couple beds for sleeping and my mom took care of everything else. Just like it would have been back home in NH. She is something else, that woman. Have I mentioned how happy I am that she is down here with us now?! 

And in full disclosure, I have to admit that I was in a bit of a funk for part of Christmas Day. When your heart is heavy about a few big things even little things that don't matter end up being a big deal. Know what I mean? But, thankfully, I have a loving and gracious family and my little attitude did not hinder their celebrating. After a little heart adjustment, it didn't hinder mine either. Just look... (at a million and one pictures, yikes)

Christmas Eve...notice the singing animated bear...


Again, with the bears...this has been a season-long infatuation for both girls.



There are way more pictures of Lo Christmas morning because C-bug was moving too dang fast and all her pictures are blurry.
A box! Good heavens...that's the best Christmas present ever! {Christmas could have been over at this point. Had I known...}
See?
The bears. Again. Should have wrapped those suckers up. 






We only look this good in the morning. It's because we're used to not sleeping. 
Traditional Christmas tree cinnamon rolls. Made by the men folk. {Not the rolls, just the tree. The guys aren't that good.) 



Hmmm. I think I've seen this toy before. 
Yes, yes you have.

Karen and Bucky. This family can put away some IBC root beer and cream soda during the holidays. Not me...I don't touch the stuff. 
He hits the root beer hard, though. Let me tell you.
Looking for the pickle ornament on the tree. Not sure what Gabe is doing here but, whatever it is, I'm just glad it's by his wife and not anyone else. Bucky is searching really hard, don't ya know. 
One of Charleigh's preferred seats.
Oh, and this one, too.
Velveteen Rabbit. Just those two words can make me cry. 

Sometimes I forget that my husband is a stud muffin. And then I see pictures like this and I'm like, 'Whoa, I married a hunk.' Merry Christmas to me.
And to all a good night!

I truly hope that each and every one of you had a holiday filled with just as much love, cuteness, hunky-ness, JESUS, IBC root beer, and family.  : )

2 comments:

  1. Darling, darling, cute & cute! And I like the lights in the windows of your house - very east coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! But the picture of Karen & Bucky isn't working :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...