photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Monday, September 16, 2013

happy birthday, sister

  My baby sister turned 27 today. She's pretty much an MVP in our little family. Her name is technically Dionne but we just call her Auntie Noney around here. {Our little brother couldn't say Dionne and said Non instead which led to Noney Baloney to, now, Auntie Noney. And there ya have it. The evolution of a strange nickname.} In honor if this special day, September 16, here are a couple reasons we love her so much. 

1. This girl dons a bathing suit once a week to go to swimming lessons with me and the girls. I don't know about you, but there are not that many people/reasons I would do that on a weekly basis. She just loves those girls that much. 




2. She grew up in the woods, playing in creeks and hunting crayfish...yet now she can barely walk through grass barefoot without claiming she's allergic and get me inside now because I think something might be crawling on me. So entertaining. I guess you can, in fact, take the country out of the girl. Who'd a thought. 

3.  She documents my kids' lives better than I do. If you ever, for any reason, feel the need to see more of those two rascals, just check out her Instagram or Facebook. It's a little ridiculous. In a good way. 

4. This. 


Enough said.

5. She feeds our crew at least once a week. Sometimes we're invited. Most of the time it's because I text her something like, 'Hey...so just curious...what are you cooking for dinner tonight?' And then she says something like, 'Rotini and hotdogs/foil chicken/mango shrimp. We have plenty! Come over!!' 

Don't mind if we do

6. Her nails are always. always. painted. When you check out her Instagram to see the pictures of C and L that I'm not taking, you will also see some pretty snazzy nails that are almost always showcased holding some sort of coffee beverage. I aspire to paint my nails like her. Someday. Not even everyday. Just someday.




7. She's the ultimate cruise director. She comes by it honestly, a skill inherited from my Aunt Lou. She keeps functions and gatherings on task and moving. And I will say, this girl is a little feisty. If you're ever at a Minor/McLean function, she may seem a little...intense at some moments. But that's because the rest of us are the complete opposite of intense and kind of annoying when we're all together. We need her. Without her bossiness leadership skills weddings wouldn't happen, birthday cakes would be skipped over at parties, and sleeping arrangements on trips would never be hashed out and we'd all just never go to bed because we wouldn't decide who should go where. Utter disaster without this chick, I'm telling you. 

8. She married well. Couldn't dream of a better, more patient uncle for these girls. 
Much appreciated

9. This girl is talented. She can fix almost any technological problem you may be having, she makes amazingly cute prints, and she's a DIY queen. Among her many skills is her ability to employ a number of apps and filters to make any picture look amazing. At one point this weekend, Warner, horrified at a picture taken when she just woke up told Dionne, ' You better Instagram that one A LOT.''


10. She's the most selfless, loving sister and aunt. I quite literally would not have survived these first two years as a mom of twins without her. She knows my girls as well as I do and loves them like they're her own. Our family is beyond blessed to have her. I just don't even have the words. 

So, Noney, here's to being 27 and maybe giving me a niece or nephew this year. Yes? Please? Pretty please?!? Happy, happy birthday!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...