photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Thursday, September 26, 2013

yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days where everything comes into focus for a minute and you're like, 'Holy cow. I'm having another baby. For real.' Which I've known all along. I'm having another baby. And she's real. But sometimes I'm so busy with CG and Lola that it's easy to be somewhat inattentive to that fact. I've heard from a lot of moms that the second pregnancy is different that way. You don't have as much time or energy to dwell on your pregnancy. You already know what you should and shouldn't eat. What you should and shouldn't do. How your dreams will be crazy. It's not that you are any less excited. It's just different. I remember looking up a bunch of things during my pregnancy with the girls. As of right now I've Googled zero things about this pregnancy. {Baby #3, it's not that I love you less. It's just that I know you're ok and that the world won't come crashing down on you if I have one cup of coffee or take a Tums when I really need it. Also, thank you for the heartburn.} We love this girl fiercely for sure but yesterday was one of those days that reminded me just how exciting this is and how blessed we are. 

First of all, we got to see this sweet face. Sorry if you think 3-D ultrasounds are creepy. They are. I agree. You should see some of the other ones. Yikes. But this one really does look like a baby. And I love this face.  We swear we see a little Logan in her. Yes?
And then I picked up three, three Carolina Panthers bows from Ms. Beth, my trusty bow supplier. When I texted her about making some Panthers bows and she asked how many I wanted I was like, 'Umm. Two.' But then, wait. Three. I need three. Because she'll be here and they'll still be playing football. And the Minor girls need to show a united front concerning their team support. 
Then there's this. A 28 week belly that's feeling bigger than that to me. At our appointment yesterday the doctor estimated that she's measuring about two weeks ahead and that, if she continues growing at the rate she is growing, we'll have a 'bigger than average' baby. Now that would be something after our tiny twins. She could be twice as big as Lola was when she was born. {While P-dubs would like to blame my appetite for this possibly large child, I would like to thank the Minor side of the family. I'm pretty sure his brother weighed around 10 pounds at birth. It's good to know that my womb has comfortably (ha!) held a cumulative 11 pounds in the past. I'm ready.}
I also stumbled across these tiny clothes we bought for her a couple weekends ago. Yeah, she has way too many hand-me-downs coming her way. {Alas, her lot in life for the next 10-15 years.} Yeah, she won't ever know the difference. But I wanted to get a few things that will be just hers. 
So, we're having another baby girl. For real. But don't ask me about a nursery or a name quite yet. Unless you have a nursery theme ready for me and are also willing to come by with a paint roller and some curtains. Or you have the best name ever to recommend but won't be the slightest bit offended when I do, in fact, steal that idea. I'm thinking though, that we may just have to wait to meet her. Second pregnancy, ya know, we're just living on the edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...