photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Friday, November 8, 2013

time for your check-up

Two year check ups. Two years. Suddenly they are no where close to being babies. They're talking to the doctor about their 'hatbeeps' (heartbeats) and saying 'aahhh' for her to check their throats. They're looking at a real life 'doc' with a sense of awe and knowing...like, I'm only two but I know what a stethoscope is, thankyouverymuch. {And thank you Doc McStuffins. And Dr. Berger...who sang the check-up song when she came into the exam room.}
My mom and sister came along on this appointment because it's getting a little more difficult for me to lift both of them. I'm glad they did because my lap would have been a really uncomfortable place for a check-up and keeping two toddlers on the crinkly-paper bed would have likely been a disaster. 
CG weighed in at a whopping 23.6 pounds. Lolly wasn't far behind at 21.4. Tiny children. I promise they eat. All the time. Just that morning, they had breakfast, a snack, and pulled another snack out of my bag while we were waiting and that was all before 10:30. And they'd only been up since 8. They're a little like me that way. I eat every hour and a half, pregnant or not. {P-dubs doesn't understand this but I don't understand how he can have coffee for breakfast, a big lunch, and then not eat again until dinner after 7. I would be the crankiest curmudgeon there ever was. Just plain cranky.}

And because I seem to be in complete disbelief and shock that my babies could be as old as they are and stepping up onto the big kid scale instead of sitting on the baby scale {tear}, my sentimental self just had to look back at their very first check-up with our wonderful doctor and their one-year check up where Logan had a bruise on her face from an unfortunate almost-walking-but-not-quite-there incident with the coffee table at her Auntie Noney's house. 
My, how they've grown. And I'm so, so thankful they have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...