photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

tuesday night lights

Pretty much the favorite thing around this house during the fall is football. It's a little consuming. But what really lit the fire in these tiny sports fans' hearts was the fact that their dad played football (or beeball as it has come to be called around here). For the past several years Paul has played flag football with a bunch of friends from church. It's pretty competitive. {Really, it is. It gets a leetle ridiculous with some teams. Boys will be boys, I guess.} Flag football is one of the first places I brought the girls after they were born. And this year they really would cheer on Paul's team. Well, really they would just yell 'go, go, go' to whoever had the ball regardless of the team. 
And then they'd lose interest for awhile and play in the dirt. 
 Until they were ready for a snack which would cause them to wander back over our way. Because if my kids are awake, they're eating. 
 These two sweethearts were so in love with flag football in general and the menfolk in particular that they would often wake up from naps asking to go to football to see daddy and Ada (Adam...pretty sure CG would marry him if he weren't already taken) and Robert (emphasis on all r's) and Teeem (Tim...with a baby southern accent) and, of course, B (Uncle Gabe). And once you say one name you have to say all their names. It's a rule. 
 This season the girls also demonstrated some killer cheer moves. 
I asked them where they got these moves and they just stared at me like, 'Duh, mom. We got them from you.' And I wanted to tell them how sorry I was that that might be true. But then, right now, they think their dances moves are cool and I'm pretty neat, too. So I left it at that. But someday when they know I'm not cool, I'll apologize. 
And I'm sure P-dubs will apologize for this around the same time. But Uncle B never will, I'm fairly certain. Much to my husband's dismay, I failed to get any good actual football playing pictures. But I did capture his cute babies and this gem. So it's almost the same. 
 Until next year, flag football...you were a cherished time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...