photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Sunday, January 12, 2014

panthers vs. patriots

I know, I realize the Panthers play the 49ers on Sunday. Not the Patriots. But I get this question some times from New Englanders and, actually, strong rebuke from my brothers about this. How is it possible that I'm a Panthers fan when I'm from New England? And how can I have so much loyalty to the Red Sox and none for the Patriots?
CG and Lola at a few weeks old. 

I rarely remember my grandpa watching Patriots games. I know he did but most Sundays he was busy doing other pastor-ly things. I do remember him watching the Red Sox almost every night all summer long, though. I was raised with the Red Sox. My childhood best friend was the biggest fan I knew and her family would bring me along on their excursions to Fenway. It became such a big part of my childhood that it became a big part of me. The Patriots just weren't. 
So young. So well-rested. 
Add that to the fact that I kind of can't stand Tom Brady and you end up with zero allegiance to the Patriots. {Also, they've been known to be a bunch of cheater-pants, yeah? Not to say that all the other teams in the NFL haven't done shady things, I'm sure they have--but the Patriots scandal was a big one.}

We're such fans that we even go to their practices in the blazing heat. Well, only one time. I almost sweated to death. 
 P-dubs has been a Panthers fan since I met him. Long before we were engaged, we sat at the last play-off game they were in and watched them lose miserably. Still fun. But so, so sad. He's also been a Red Sox fan since I met him. We're compatible like that. 
Lola, around a year old, wearing the same onesie from when she was newborn. I know I have a picture of CG from around this time in her Panthers onesie but I can't find it anywhere. I have way too many pictures of these kids. It's a little ridiculous.  
Our newest fan.
And that's not to say the girls will always be Panthers fans. We'll let them decide. But they are the offspring of this: 
So. We'll see. 

But, for now, my main man is Luke Kuechly. Followed closely by Cam. Followed thirdly by that crazy man pictured above. {Just kidding. He's always first. Or at least second.}  But baseball season is right around the corner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...