photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

sweet dreams

The past two nights I had every intention of posting a little something on here. {I also had every intention of putting the laundry away...} I will blame my lack of productivity on P-dubs. And here's why. He's the best baby-putter-to-bed I've ever seen. He changes them. He talks to them. Makes them laugh and get all riled up and then miraculously calms them down right into the heavy eyelid phase. He puts them in their bassinets. {Yes. They still sleep next to our bed. Mostly because I am (1) paranoid and (2) lazy. When you're still feeding two babes a few times in the night you don't want to be dragging yourself down the hall to the nursery where you will have to turn on a light, pick up a baby, and THEN feed them. By that time everyone's completely awake. And we will have none of that in this house. I prefer nighttime babies to stay mostly asleep. No matter what.}And leads them off to the Land of Nod via his guitar. Well, apparently, his ghee-tar has some magical effect on this mama as well. The last few nights I've climbed into bed as he's playing the girls to sleep thinking that after they were sleeping I 'd get up and get busy on my to-do list. I've done it before, I swear. But wouldn't you know...the next time I wake up it's the middle of the night and someone needs to be fed. And there I am half-way through the night fully clothed without my teeth brushed or face washed. I've fallen asleep maybe three times in my life without brushing my teeth. And I know one of those was at summer camp.  This morning Paul said he might as well just start swaddling me and putting me down with the girls. Ridiculous. Good thing this is a Leap Year and I have a whole extra day to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...