photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a baby story

A friend of mine from college (that I didn't really know at college but I wish I had) has this sweet blog and she's telling her baby girl's birth story starting from before she was a twinkle in her parents' eyes. I started this blog to gather our memories, share our joy in life, and hopefully through that honor the One who makes it possible.

 But I didn't really do a great job documenting my early pregnancy. And since I can't remember what I just had for dinner or where I left my phone (EVER) and can hardly remember the girls being tiny and new, I want to relive some of those moments so I'll be able to tell the girls about them someday. 

Their story started long before I ever saw two little blobs on the screen at my first ultrasound. It started when I was 19 and told I might not be able to have kids. Or I might. Who knows. From that time until I met and married my husband, my heart was being prepared for a multitude of scenarios--a long process to get pregnant, possible IVF, a long road to adoption. But the possibility of multiples was never a scenario I considered. 

So many people we run into say things like, 'You have twins!? I always wanted twins.' And I think it's funny because I never once thought about it. Growing up, I imagined I would someday have kids but there weren't twins in the bunch. I realize now more than ever that I serve a God who can do immeasurably more than all I could ask or imagine. I thank Him thousands of times a day as I watch our girls learn and do new things. It's almost like breathing to me now. Thank you for this sweet girl. Thank you for her smile. Thank you for her sister's determination. Thank you for her strawberry mark. Thank you for her sister's laughter. Thank you for her silly toes. Thank you for her sister's tiny voice. Thank you. And I still think, 'Who does He think I am that I can handle this?' But I'm so glad He does. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, for the shout-out, D! I love reading you blog and often find myself living vicariously thru you as I am one of those people who is still hoping twin girls are in my future :) You are so blessed, thanks for sharing parts of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...