photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Monday, April 23, 2012

the saggy baggy elephant

Do you remember those Little Golden Books from when you were little? The girls and I were reading one at bedtime (which means, you know, I prop them both up on pillows and channel my old teacher self and half read/half make things up to keep their interest) and I was cracking up at some of the descriptions they used.  They just don't write children's books like they used to. So, I challenge you to use one and/or all of these underused descriptive words/phrases courtesy of the Saggy Baggy Elephant
  • 'The parrot's saucy laugh didn't help a bit.'
  •  'He was a beautiful, sleek tiger.'
  • 'The tiger didn't care a fig about Sooki's troubles.'
  • 'My skin always did fit...maybe it's because I take a lot of exercise. But if you don't care for exercise, I shall be delighted to nibble a few of those extra pounds of skin off for you!'
  • 'You're a perfectly dandy little elephant.'
I'm convinced we don't use words like 'saucy' and 'dandy' enough these days. So go 'take some exercise' and read a Little Golden Book while you're gettin' your elliptical on.  






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...