photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

olympic dreams

There's nothing like the Olympics to make you feel so inspired yet, at the same time, so wildly unaccomplished. When there's a 16 year-old winning her 18th medal in the such and such competition, it makes you think...what have I done so far in my life? I'm 28 and, sadly, clearly too old to ever be an Olympian. I mean, let's be honest, I didn't have it in me at 16 either but at least I could have. Youth was on my side. Now I'm not sure what's on my side. 

But, you know who does have youth on their side? Charleigh and Logan. Not that I would ever push my children into sports.{Especially, if they take after me at all in the athletic department. Poor girls wouldn't stand a chance. But don't those Olympic commercials with the sacrificial/so proud parents just get you?!?} Plus, we're already a good 9 months behind other countries who choose an event and start training their little fetus in the womb. BUT if they somehow did happen to be athletic and they were good at something, what would that be? 

P-dubs and I obviously think our little pair would do awesome as a...pair. So we're thinking beach volleyball (NO bikinis, though ;) ) or synchronized diving or maybe gymnastics. I actually wasn't the absolute worst at volleyball. {Definitely wasn't good though, either.} And with uncles that are 7' 3" and 6' 9", we're thinking they might be tall. Totally an advantage, right? And I'm not sure they'll have the same edge as identical twins but being with each other from conception has got to help at least a little with being in sync during a synchronized dive. As a matter of fact, so far I haven't had many oh-my-word-they're-twins moments, but at one point today, when they were eating some puffs, they picked one up and brought it to their mouths EXACTLY the same at the EXACT same moment. Same facial expression. Same chewing. It creeped me out for a second. But that could bode really well for future synchronized diving gold medals.
Looks like a gymnastics move, no?
Excuse the blurry pictures. Future Olympians hardly ever hold still.
Me? A future Olympian?
Teammates that play together...win gold medals together.

 Except that they would have to dive from three stories up. At a rate of about 35mph. Into a not-nearly-deep-enough-looking pool. Be still, my mama heart. We'll stick with synchronized puff eating. And volleyball if they insist. Or maybe just crawling. Or foot chewing. Or sleeping.  {Just kidding. Goodness knows, they wouldn't even medal in the sleep Olympics. But, synchronized eating? We've got that on lockdown.}
Working on getting in sync...or 'N Sync? Ha.
Never mind. Just watched the girls' US gymnastic team win gold. Getting all pooly over here. Totally pushing the girls into a sport. 2028 Olympics better watch out. ; )

1 comment:

  1. my sister sarah and i took gymnastics at the YWCA when we were kids. i wasn't nearly as limber/flexible as she was. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...