photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

thursday things...on a tuesday




...because I have absolutely no idea what day it is and can't keep track of much these days. I was really hoping it was Friday. But I guess it's Tuesday.

1.  We are moving. {Hopefully.} What?!? Not moving far but into a house that is a little more suitable for two children crawling all over the place. The three-level, two-staircase, small-playing-space, opposite-of-open-floor-plan townhouse isn't cutting it lately. This is one factor contributing to my total lack of awareness about what day/time/state I'm in. Which leads to...

2.  My husband WANTS me to get Pinterest. He literally said yesterday. 'Did you get Pinterest? Did you pin anything today?!' To which I said, 'No.' I refuse to get Pinterest because I think I would spend too much time looking at a million ideas and not doing any of them. He argues that I should get it so I'm at least getting ideas.  I moved into the townhouse when we got married and it was already furnished and decorated. {P-dubs bought it that way. Smart little bachelor.} Not really how I would decorate it but it was decorated. Since we weren't planning on staying here forever, I didn't really attempt to change much. The only room I changed was the girls' nursery. It's also the only room I love. So now that we're moving and I can do anything I want, he thinks I should have all these ideas 'pinned' and ready. I do not.

3.  I spilled a whole peach milk shake in my lap. On my phone. Which led to my side of the conversation being really muffled whenever I called someone. Which then led to me yelling when I needed to talk to someone. And then, suddenly, my phone worked again but I got into the habit of talking really loud. I was talking to P-dubs at one point yesterday and he said, 'I think it sounds even louder than before you spilled on it.' Oh, no. That would just be because I'm still half-yelling when I talk to anyone. {So if you call me, I apologize.}

4.  I took the plunge and bought two amber teething necklaces for the girls. I've read a lot about them but the proof will be in the pudding. {Not literally in the pudding. But I could go for some right now.} After much research, I ended up buying the necklaces from Inspired by Finn. They seem to be very reputable and have lots of positive feedback. If anyone out there is itching to try these, you can use the discount code DM25 until August 16 for 25% off your order. People use amber for a lot of different reasons, too--arthritis, back aches, etc. Let me know if you try any of their products. My mom thinks they're a little hocus-pocus-y {not a word}. We shall see. I'll let you know if they seem to make a difference for the sisters. 

<u>Polished Amber<br>Honey Round</u>
{Source}
5.  We received some certified mail today. Snoop Dog delivered it. Or his long lost twin. Apparently, you don't have to wear any sort of uniform to deliver certified mail? Never would have known.  Excuuuuuse me. Snoop Lion?!? I stand corrected. 

6.  While the girls were napping today, I had the TV on as I ran around trying to get as much done as possible before one or both woke up.  It was Dr. Phil and he was talking with couples who have open marriages. I could not even fathom the crazy that was coming out of that TV. So, so strange. I should have taken the time to switch to the Olympics.

7. I made this for dinner tonight. It's kind of like homemade Hamburger Helper. I'm not a big Hamburger Helper fan but P-dubs sure is. I made it a little healthier by using ground turkey instead of ground beef and Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream.

8. Speaking of Greece, don't you just love the Olympics?!? Thank you, Greece. For that and Greek yogurt.


1 comment:

  1. 1. whoohoo!! to a bigger place. and you're not the only one not sure what day of the week it is. and i don't even have the excuse that you do! lol
    2. run away... don't join pinterest. it is completely addictive. i have hundreds of pins on a couple dozen boards. i have a feeling that most of them i'll never look at again. there are some good recipes and crochet patterns that i have tried though.
    4. i have a friend who swears by the amber teething necklaces. she didn't use them with her son (didn't know about them then), but did with her daughter. she loves them.
    6. dr. phil is bad. run away from dr. phil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...