photo homebutton-2.png  photo meetdevanbutton.png  photo contact.png  photo cgandlolabutton-1.png

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

obsessed

They are obsessed with green beans. 
And looking out the window at the big kids.
While wearing crocs.
They are obsessed with their Crocs. They want to wear them with their pajamas. They want to wear them when they're naked. They want to wear them over their other shoes. They want to wear them whether they go with an outfit or not. Let's hope they get over that before Easter
They're obsessed with sleeping...They sleep sometimes...but not in their cribs and not at naptime and not for an appropriate naptime length. Anyone who has ever read Babywise or Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins or The No-Cry Sleep Solution or any other miraculously sensible sleep book is probably dumbfounded by this. I am, too. I have read everything and tried everything. I can't talk about it. Unless, you're willing to borrow a baby to teach her how to nap. Then we can discuss it. But I doubt that would even work. And I can't complain. Remember when they didn't sleep through the night?! For(almost)ever?!? If sleeping through the night's all I get, I'll take it. 
Logan's new obsession is the stuffed dog the girls got from Auntie Noney at Christmas. Not nearly as portable as her other obsessions
Still obsessed with reading. My teacher heart just sings over this. 
And with peek-a-boo.
Another new obsession...the iPad. How is it that they are only 16 months old and we are already dealing with  the appropriate time/use of technology?! Lord, help me when they start nearing the teenage years. I seriously already pray about this. It strikes a certain amount of anxiety in my heart. But for now, I hide the iPad and my phone throughout the day but let them have a little bit of time on it. {So, now, if I don't text you back, it's not me just being absent-minded or losing track of my phone. It's that too many awkward/embarassing things have been 'liked' on Facebook and my phone is thus safely somewhere out of reach. Or I lost track of it...Side note: I used to not really believe parents when their kids would send text messages or like things on Facebook. But I was wrong. Apparently, God has seen fit to show me my judgemental ways. So, I'm sorry if I didn't believe you.} On a positive note, thanks to Peekaboo Zoo the girls  know a whole menagerie of animals and their sounds. Yes, I know. Technology can be a good thing. These two also know their Grammy loves her some iPad. And that she just can't say no. Oh, Grandmas
They're also obsessed with being half-naked as often as possible. In case you hadn't noticed, I thought I'd point it out. They get it from their uncle.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Logan sleeping with one shoe on is awesome. Love them, and you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...